Residency Application Process
The Central Washington Family Medicine Residency Program (CWFMR) recruits a diverse group of residents from domestic and international medical schools. Our recruitment season begins mid July and runs through mid March.
Emergency Proclamation Mandate
Per WA Governor Inslee’s emergency proclamation mandate on 08/09/2021, all employees in the healthcare industry must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 10/18/2021. If you require a religious exemption please notify Michelle Harding for details.
This must be done once Match notifications have been received in order to allow for processing time.
Interviews and Deadlines
Applicants are individually considered and invited to interview based on criteria compatible with the community health center’s mission of service and education.
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is November 30th.
Required Scope of Training
By ranking our program, you acknowledge and accept that you will be trained and expected to become proficient in the following procedures:
- Providing physical exams (male and female/transgender) including foot, breast, genitourinary and rectal exams.
- Educate patients about and prescribe birth control.
- Educate and administer vaccinations for all ages-including Covid.
- Provide care regardless of race/ethnicity, religion, gender identity, socioeconomic status and culture.
How to Apply
All applicants from our affiliated medical schools whose applications are complete prior to the deadline will be granted an interview.
We accept only those applications transmitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). CWFMR is ACGME accredited with osteopathic recognition.
ACGME ID: 1205421522
ACGME Listing: Community Health of Central Washington Family Medicine
NRMP Code: 3059120C0
NRMP Listing: Central WA Family Medicine
- If a graduate, must have graduated on or after May 1, 2021, for interview season 2022-2023
- If already graduated, all international applicants must be ECFMG certified prior to submission of application
- The deadline for receipt of completed applications is September 28, 2022
- Please address all education/application gaps in your personal statement
(i.e., took a year off, did not match, had a family emergency, went abroad to work)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (NO Visas or EAD’s)
- Two failures total, with no more than one examination failure for each of the following:
- Step 1; USMLE and/or COMLEX
- Step 2; USMLE CK and/or COMLEX CE
- U.S. Family Medicine Clinic experience equivalent to a 4-6 week rotation (NO observerships or job shadows accepted)
- U.S. experience: Family Medicine, Inpatient Pediatrics or Internal Medicine (NO observerships or job shadows accepted)