Residency Application Process
The Central Washington Family Medicine Residency Program (CWFMR) recruits a diverse group of residents from domestic and international medical schools. Our recruitment season begins mid July and runs through mid March.
Interviews and Deadlines
Applicants are individually considered and invited to interview based on criteria compatible with the community health center’s mission of service and education.
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is September 28th.
Required Scope of Training
By ranking our program, you acknowledge and accept that you will be trained and expected to become proficient in the following procedures:
- Providing physical exams (male and female/transgender) including foot, breast, genitourinary and rectal exams.
- Educate patients about and prescribe birth control.
- Educate and administer vaccinations for all ages-including Covid.
- Provide care regardless of race/ethnicity, religion, gender identity, socioeconomic status and culture.
How to Apply
CWFMR only accepts applications submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
CWFMR is ACGME accredited with osteopathic recognition.
ACGME ID: 1205421522
ACGME Listing: Community Health of Central Washington Family Medicine
Applicants are selected through the National Resident Match Program.
NRMP Code: 3059120C0
NRMP Listing: Central WA Family Medicine
Application Screening Process
Applicants who attend any of our affiliated medical schools who complete the listed criteria below will be granted an interview. All other applicants who complete the listed criteria below will be considered for an interview:
- U.S Citizen or Permanent resident
- Application deadline: September 28, 2023 for the 2023-2024 interview season
- Completed MyERAS Application Form
- Graduated from medical school within 5 years of application date; any gaps greater than 1 year must be supported with medical experience.
- U.S family medicine clinic equal to 4 week rotation or more. No observerships or job shadows.
- U.S. experience: family medicine, inpatient pediatrics or internal medicine. No observerships or job shadows.
- Official medical school transcript
- Personal Statement:
- Explain any education/application gaps that exceed 6 months.
- A thoughtful discussion of your journey and commitment to family medicine.
- A statement regarding your specific interests in our program.
- Any extenuating circumstances that should be considered when reviewing your application.
- Letters of Recommendation:
- A letter from a U.S. family medicine physician who directly supervised the applicant in a U.S. family medicine clinic within the last 2 years.
- A letter from a supervising physician in a speciatly relating to family medicine practice. (e.g., family medicine, inpatient pediatrics, OB or internal medicine)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX transcripts must be submitted before the applicant’s residency start date with a maximum 3 exam failures outlined below:
- Step/ Level 1: Maximum 2 fails; Exam must have been completed with proof of medical experience, including foreign medical experience, within the last 5 years.
- Step 2 CK/ Level 2 CE: Maximum 1 fail
International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
- Applicants who graduated from a foreign medical school must provide ECFMG Certification before starting residency. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- ECFMG certified international medical graduates who have completed CWFMRs application/screening criteria will be considered for interviews.
- At this time, Central Washington Family Medicine Residency program (CWFMR) cannot provide Visas or EADs.